All our school meals are cooked on the premises and are enjoyed by pupils and staff alike. They are delicious and there is lots of choice. As well as the standard Sefton menu, Hatton Hill offers pasta pots for infants and juniors two days per week; plus juniors can access the deli bar daily. The next week’s menu can always be found on the back of your weekly newsletter.
The cost of school meals is £11.50 per week (£2.30 per day). Dinner money should be paid weekly in advance on Monday. It is important that all dinner money is paid on the Monday to avoid arrears. If dinner money has not been paid for two weeks, you will be asked to provide a packed lunch for your child until the debt has been paid.
Free School Meals
All children in the Infants are now entitled to a free school meal as part of new government initiative. However, you may be in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit ONLY (not entitled/receiving Working Tax Credit) and have an income of less that £16190.00
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net household income of less than £7400 per annum
- Support under VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act
If so, we urge you to still apply for free school meals as this will ensure that our school receives additional funding for your child to which you are entitled. This additional money is called Pupil Premium Funding and details of how it is used to support the learning of children at Hatton Hill Primary can be found on our Pupil Premium tab.
If you are unsure, please pop into the school office and Miss Taylor will help you complete a quick eligibility check. Alternatively, contact the school admissions and pupil support team on: 0151 934 3456, or visit: https://www.sefton.gov.uk/schools-learning/grants-and-funding/free-school-meals.aspx
Please note, we cannot offer free school meals to Key Stage 2 children until we have received written confirmation of free school meal entitlement from Sefton Student Support. Free school meals cannot be backdated.
School dinners follow a three week rota.